Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Blast from the Past

by Eleanor Hendriks

I found this while unpacking some boxes of books for my studio library earlier this week...

October 1996 the date says!! It makes me want to sing -"she's just a young thing and cannot leave her mother.." and check out those glasses!

The caption says "The 10th Annual Elora Arts Council Studio Tour featured the work and crafts of 21 artists and artisans in the Elora and Fergus Area this past Saturday and Sunday. Pictured left, Fergus potter Eleanor Hendricks at the wheel..." (Yes, they did spell my last name incorrectly!)
I participated in the Elora Fergus Studio Tour for 11 years until we moved from Fergus to Fenelon Falls in 2007. I'm looking forward to being part of the Victoria County Studio Tour here this coming fall. I'll be sure to let you know when and where!

In class notes: this week saw the start of the winter round of classes -welcome to Angela and Lee Ann and welcome back to Sandy and Ross. They deserve a prize for braving the north(ish) Ontario winter to come out to classes from now till the end of February (don't worry -I've built allowances for snowdays into the plan!) I'm looking forward to another great class session!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails